Home » County Information » Fire ruled an accident

Fire ruled an accident

Investigators have ruled a house fire last week in Constantine was started by accident.

The April 11 blaze at 570 S. Washington St. in Constantine has been ruled accidental, as its source was found to be an 11-year-old occupant playing with a lighter.

The fire began around 7 p.m. in a first-floor bedroom and quickly spread to an upper- level apartment. That apartment was a complete loss, displacing four people. The family also lost a cat in the fire.

The first-floor apartment sustained heavy smoke and water damage.

Check Also

Household waste and recycling event successful

Saturday’s collection of household hazardous waste and electronics generated more than 50,000 pounds of televisions, …