Home » Government » Fire/Rescue » Sturgis woman dies in fire

Sturgis woman dies in fire

A 51-year-old Sturgis woman died in a house fire Friday night. Sturgis Police identified the victim as Lori Miller, who resided at 1107 Merryview Drive. Officials responded to the blaze around 9:30 p.m. Friday. Investigators said the house was fully engulfed in flames upon their arrival. Her husband and mother managed to escape the residence, but they told fire personnel flames were too hot, preventing them from saving Miller. Despite their best efforts, firefighters were unable to rescue Miller. Members of the Michigan State Police Fire Investigation Unit said it appears careless use of a candle in a bedroom appears to be a factor in the blaze. The house was fully destroyed.

Check Also

Centreville chooses next superintendent

A Portage native has been selected as the next superintendent of Centreville Public Schools. Members …