Home » County Information » Fire destroys Sturgis garage

Fire destroys Sturgis garage

A hand-held tool is thought to be the source of a fire that destroyed a garage last week in Sturgis.
The Sturgis Fire Department was dispatched around 1:30 a.m. Friday to the 200 block of First Street. It was reported by Sturgis Police Officer Frank Noel, who was patrolling the neighborhood and discovered the blaze in a detached garage.
Upon arrival, the initial fire crew found a small amount of fire coming from the siding on the back corner of the garage. Sturgis Police assisted in pulling hose lines, as fire crews gained entry to the structure.
Once inside the building, firefighters found the majority of the interior ablaze and made a quick knock down of the fire. Due to the amount of property inside the garage, firefighters had to remain on scene for more than two hours.
Investigators said an angle grinder may have been responsible for causing the fire.

Check Also

Keifer wins talent contest

Autumne Keifer of Three Rivers, who won the inaugural “River Country Has Talent” competition in …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *