Home » News » Parents die but baby survives carbon monoxide poisoning

Parents die but baby survives carbon monoxide poisoning

Police say two people have died but their 5-month-old son survived after carbon monoxide apparently filled a house from a generator and portable heater.

Det. Sgt. Todd Elliott says it appears to be a “terrible accident” in Battle Creek.

The victims were a 20-year-old man and a 19-year-old woman. Elliott tells the Battle Creek Enquirer that they were helping a contractor work on the house and spent Tuesday night on an air mattress. The house doesn’t have electricity, heat or water.

The victims were found Wednesday. The baby was responsive and breathing when emergency responders arrived. Elliott called it “amazing,” considering the amount of carbon monoxide in the house.

He says the contractor was assured by the couple that someone had planned to pick them up Tuesday.  (AP)

Check Also

Michigan lawmakers may forgive snow days after frigid temps

Michigan lawmakers are considering whether to cut schools some slack after frigid temperatures and other …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *