Home » Government » Fire/Rescue

Fire/Rescue

Constantine man injured in crash

A truck driven by Robert Gonser III, 21, of Constantine, hit another truck Wednesday night last week on Covered Bridge Road. St. Joseph County Sheriff ’s deputies arrived at the scene and found Gonser’s truck to have substantial front-end damage, resulting after the truck traveled through the curve too quickly. The air bag was deployment and Gonser was wearing a ...

Read More »

Sturgis church damaged in fire

A church in Sturgis sustained fire-related damage last week. Sturgis firefighters arrived shortly after 1 p.m. Thursday at Potter House Church, 210 E. Congress St., and found smoke coming from near the chimney on the west side of the building. Crew members entered the attic area and found flames in an outer wall and attic space near the pastoral office. ...

Read More »

One injured following car crash

A 19-year-old Sturgis woman escaped injury late Wednesday after the vehicle she was driving struck a utility pole on Fawn River Road near Franks Avenue in Sturgis. Police said the driver lost control of the car after becoming distracted, causing it to leave the road and collide with the pole. She was taken to Sturgis Hospital for treatment.

Read More »

Man injured in motorcycle crash

A 42-year-old Sturgis man was taken to a Kalamazoo hospital after he was found unconscious in a city street. Officers were called shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday to the 300 block of North Clay Street regarding a motorcycle accident. The man was lying in the street with his motorcycle nearby. He was taken to Sturgis Hospital and subsequently to Bronson ...

Read More »

Constantine home damaged by fire

A home in the 67000 block of Oxbow Drive in Constantine Township was heavily damaged by fire Sunday. The fire was reported about 4:45 p. m. Firefighters arrived to find flames coming through the roof. Officials said the fire appeared to have an electrical source and had started in the attic. No injuries were reported.

Read More »

Amish girl dies in house fire

Authorities say a 3-year-old Amish girl died when a kerosene stove malfunction set her southern Michigan home on fire. The Branch County sheriff’s department says the fire broke out about 11 a.m. Wednesday at a home in Butler Township, east of Coldwater. The Daily Reporter of Coldwater identifies the victim as Leah Graber and says her mother was cooking when ...

Read More »