Home » County Information » Man Saved From Fire

Man Saved From Fire

Three Rivers Fire Department firefighters pulled a man from a smoke-filled apartment over the weekend.

Fire personnel responded to a report of activated smoke detectors and the smell of smoke at an apartment on Lockport Drive around 6 a.m. Sunday. After getting no response from the occupant of the apartment, firefighters forced their way into the smoke-filled residence and found the man unresponsive and lying on a couch.

The man, whose name and age were not stated in a department news release, was taken to Three Rivers Health for examination.

The source of the fire was from the kitchen stove.

Fire Chief Dan Tomlinson said the situation was a good example of the life-saving value a working smoke detector provides.

Check Also

Motorcycle accident in Marcellus

A Marcellus man was injured after the motorcycle he was driving struck a parked car ...