Top

Ruptured gas line

February 21, 2014 by Administrator 

The Three Rivers Fire Department earlier this week responded to a report of a natural-gas break.

Department officials said they received a call shortly before 5 p.m. Monday regarding the smell of gas at 96 Fifth Ave. after a representative from SEMCO sought assistance.

The gas meter and electricity to the building was shut off, as its interior had a noticeably strong smell of natural gas.

After the gas reading had dropped to a safer level, firefighters entered the building and found a roof collapse had ruptured the natural-gas line.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom