Top

Fire caused by lightning

June 24, 2014 by Administrator 

Recapping last week’s fire at the Bentwater Apartments, Three Rivers Fire Chief Dan Tomlinson has issued a press release detailing the damage.

The fire, caused by a lightning strike Wednesday afternoon, damaged a total of five of the building’s 16 apartment units.

Tomlinson said the most severely compromised apartment sustained about 70 percent damage. Two of the other four were damaged 40 and 30 percent, respectively, while two others were destroyed 20 percent.

Tenants in eight apartments at the north end of the building were expected to return by the end of the week last week.

Comments

Comments are closed.

Bottom