Home » Government » Fire/Rescue (page 33)


Dogs rescued from fire

Rescue crews saved eight dogs including six puppies from a burning mobile home in southwestern Michigan. Kalamazoo Public Safety says officers responded Sunday night along with firefighters from Portage Public Safety and the Comstock Township Fire Department. When they arrived they found the fire burning in a front bedroom, with smoke filling the home. Officers rescued the dogs. Some of …

Read More »

Fire causes severe damage

A Fabius Township residence sustained severe damage during a fire Sunday afternoon. Fabius/Park Fire Chief Scott Roderick said the residence, in the 10000 block of Hoffman Road, was fully engulfed when fire personnel arrived. Potential cause of the fire is likely due to a wood-burning stove, Roderick said. There were no injuries as a result of the incident.

Read More »

Multi-family residence destroyed by fire

A multi-family residence was destroyed by a fire last weekend in Sturgis. The blaze started around 12:30 a.m. Saturday in the 500 block of West Congress Street, according to Sturgis Fire officials. The occupants evacuated safely but the extent of damage was too great and has left the structure uninhabitable. The Sturgis Fire Department received aid from three additional agencies, …

Read More »

Sturgis woman dies in fire

A 51-year-old Sturgis woman died in a house fire Friday night. Sturgis Police identified the victim as Lori Miller, who resided at 1107 Merryview Drive. Officials responded to the blaze around 9:30 p.m. Friday. Investigators said the house was fully engulfed in flames upon their arrival. Her husband and mother managed to escape the residence, but they told fire personnel …

Read More »

Make sure vents are unobstructed

Three Rivers Fire Department Chief Dan Tomlinson said personnel responded to a carbon monoxide problem at a residence where furnace vents were blocked with snow. In light of the recent issue, Tomlinson suggested residents to be sure snow is cleared from around their gas meters, venting and fresh-air intakes are unobstructed, and steps to clear snow from roofs be taken, …

Read More »

Fire destroys home in Sturgis

The Sturgis Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire early Wednesday at 204 North Centreville Road. All occupants were outside the home when firefighters arrived, with flames and heavy smoke in the front half of the residence. The structure appears to be a total loss due to heavy heat, smoke, and water damage. The cause of the fire is …

Read More »