Home » County Information » Faulty Wiring Blamed For Blaze

Faulty Wiring Blamed For Blaze

An investigation into a Dec. 10 fire at Walnut Meadows apartments in Three Rivers found that either a short or faulty wiring of a ceiling vent fan in a third-floor bathroom was responsible for starting the blaze.

Three Rivers Fire Chief Dan Tomlinson said smoke detectors in the unit where the fire started had been removed. Even so, the 21-year-old resident of the third-floor unit awoke in time to evacuate the residence. He was taken to Three Rivers Health and treated for smoke inhalation.

A combination of fire, smoke and water damaged 12 units in the 24-apartment complex.

Check Also

Libraries receive portion of penal fines

Cass County Treasurer Hope Anderson said a percentage of money collected from fines for speeding …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *