Fire in Burr Oak

A neighbor who saw smoke coming from a residence in Burr Oak alerted its three occupants Tuesday afternoon, allowing the family to escape safely.

Investigators said it appears the fire started in an attached garage and spread to the residence. The garage was destroyed and the house sustained heavy smoke damage.

Neighbors managed to save a rabbit and two dogs, but firefighters were unable to rescue a pet parrot.

Members of the Colon Fire Department assisted their Burr Oak counterparts.

Check Also

Three Rivers Schools provide mobile WiFi

Three Rivers Community Schools is providing mobile WiFi internet service at new locations starting today. …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *