Home » County Information » Fire in Constantine

Fire in Constantine

The Constantine Fire Department was called Tuesday to the scene of a fire at the Whispering Pines mobile home park, in the 1200 block of South Washington Street.

Chief Mike Haydon said a resident called 911 around 10 p.m. after noticing smoke coming from the dryer. Moments later, flames were seen.

Constantine Police Officer Steve Dibble was credited for keeping the blaze at bay after using an extinguisher to contain the fire. The dryer was removed from the residence and further damage was averted thanks to Dibble’s quick thinking, Haydon said.

Investigators said a lint-filled dryer vent could have caused the fire.

Check Also

Two deaths in Hillsdale County from COVID-19

The Branch-Hillsdale-St. Joseph Community Health Agency received notification Tuesday of two additional deaths attributed to …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *