Home » County Information » Faulty wiring cause of blaze

Faulty wiring cause of blaze

Investigators looking into the cause of a house fire in Sherman Township last week indicated faulty wiring in an air conditioner was the likely cause of the blaze.

The residence, in the 62000 block of Shimmel Road, was destroyed by the fast-moving fire. Investigators said they suspect a wiring malfunction in an air-conditioning unit attached on the first floor caused the fire.

Three residents inside the house escaped without injuries, though two cats perished in the blaze. The incident remains under investigation.

Check Also

Three people died in Park crash

A 52-year-old Kalamazoo man was one of three people killed in a car-versus-semi accident last …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *