Home » Government » Fire/Rescue » Fatal fire in Sturgis

Fatal fire in Sturgis

The Sturgis Fire Department was dispatched to an apartment complex fire shortly after 5:30 Sunday morning at Gateway Village. Upon arrival of police and fire personnel, they were advised that an infant was still in the apartment. The 11-month-old girl was rescued, and was later pronounced dead at Sturgis Hospital. The fire reportedly started in the parent’s bedroom who awoke to flames on their bed. Both parents were treated at the hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Further details have not been released.

Check Also

Preserves open during stay-at-home order

Though most of its programs originally scheduled through April have been canceled, the Southwest Michigan …