Home » County Information » Firefighters extinguish fire

Firefighters extinguish fire

Sturgis firefighters were called to a home in the 300 block of South Fourth Street just after 7 p.m. Wednesday for a kitchen fire.

Fire personnel arrived to find the homeowner with a garden hose spraying water through the back door of the home. Fire crews entered the structure and extinguished the fire.

Officials said the house sustained considerable smoke and fire damage. The fire was caused by a pan of grease on the stove, authorities said.

No injuries were reported.

Check Also

Preserves open during stay-at-home order

Though most of its programs originally scheduled through April have been canceled, the Southwest Michigan …