Home » Government » Fire/Rescue » Camper propane tank explodes

Camper propane tank explodes

Two people were injured over the weekend after a propane tank inside their camper exploded at a Cass County campground.

The situation unfolded Sunday afternoon at Melville Seven Lakes Campground in Marcellus.

Authorities said an investigation into why the tank exploded is ongoing, but it occurred when the victims started a gas stove.

Two people inside the unit were burned and required medical treatment.

A woman, whose name, age and community of residence was not immediately released by authorities, was airlifted to Bronson Methodist Hospital. Her husband was transported to Kalamazoo via ambulance.

Neighboring campers rendered aid and treated the inside of the camper with hoses.

Check Also

Update on US 131 project

Here’s the weekly update from Michigan Department of Transportation regarding its work on the U.S. …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *