Two brothers electrocuted when sailboat hit power line

Police in southwestern Michigan said two brothers who were electrocuted when the mast of the sailboat they were moving hit a power line, were in stable condition Sunday at an Indiana hospital.  Emergency personnel were called to the scene after Austin Francis, age 31, of Kalamazoo and Cassopolis, and his brother Lane Francis, age 19, of Cassopolis, were accidentally electrocuted.

Cass County Sheriff Richard Behnke said the brothers were transported to a hospital in Fort Wayne.

The men were accidentally electrocuted Saturday afternoon in LaGrange Township while moving a sailboat. The mast struck a power line running to a house, according to authorities.

They were transported by ambulance and helicopter to the hospital.

Police said the incident remained under investigation.  (AP)

Check Also

Cass County crash injures two people

Two Dowagiac residents were injured last weekend in an accident involving a pickup and a …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *